Friday, October 15, 2010

Screwed yet again

Oct 14 2010 was a confusing day for me this yr, This day has been an important day always but this time something weird happened .I generally pick the phone every yr ar 12.30 pm (ist), but coincidently this time I got a masg at 12.30 it read - " Sorry dude you dint get the offer from Cognizant " .

I dint know wot to make out of this cuz I have never been able to decipher my summers. It looked a gr8 long term prospect,travelling, 5 star hotels, golf,audi (which my mentor possesed) etc but looked hollow from within . 4 people got offers out of 53 of us. My mentors & team called me up to find out if I did get the offer and to their shock I had to tell them that I dint.
The 4 offers went to IIM-A,C ,L, Xl. The rest B,I,K,fms,iift,nitie,mdi all bit the dust.
In the end, the one yr long relationship came to an end. I thank cognizant for bestowing the title of highest slotted, paid internship in campus on me & now back to square zero-the 'dog fight' is wot I call it . The bone is thrown on the road & 150 of them would pounce on it this december . I kinda feel excited to the new opportunities I might be able to explore this december only that the competition is a little too much this time. The offer from cognizant would have closed the curtains on these opportunities.Destiny is taking me there,I can now almost feel it . All this is defintely happening for a reason.For now I'm a comman man again .

All these thoughts played in my mind in those 2 mins and 12.32 pm I was back on the phone trying to wish someone who was much more important than Cognizant.

No comments: